Tax Information on Purchases

The University of Arizona is not tax exempt and pays Arizona Sales Tax or Use Tax on mostly all purchases.

Purchases that are exempt include, but are not limited to: items for resale; equipment and chemicals used in research; animals and animal feed. Purchases of tax exempt items will be identified as exempt on our Purchase Order and will be accompanied by a Tax Exemption Certificate.

The University will be responsible for Use Tax on taxable purchases from out of state vendors under License Number 20221243. Out of state vendors charging Arizona Sales Tax must provide their Transaction Privilege Tax License number to the University.

Our Federal Employer ID Number is 74-2652689. Our Resale Tax License Number is 10-080310-J.

For more information see Arizona Transaction Privilege (Sales) & Use Tax.