Accounting Services provides accounting support for University customers in support of the following fund designations: state funds (general), designated, auxiliary, loan funds and agency funds. Accounting Services also prepares the University Financial Statements, the Facilities and Administrative (F&A) cost proposal and provides institutional support for financial and tax compliance.
- Employee Related Expense (ERE)
- Fund Accountant Services
- Internal Control
- Monthly Closing Calendar
- Object Codes
- Payroll Accounting
- Property Management
- Rate Studies
- Year-End Information
Reference & Guides
- Account Delegate Global Quick Reference
- Account Roles
- Account Types - Fund Descriptions
- Account - AICPA/HEFC Codes
- Account - NACUBO Functional Expense Definitions
- Accounts - Opening, Updating, and Closing
- Business Purpose Guide
- Chart of Accounts - Attribute Definitions and Examples
- Collector Units
- Convocation and Award Events - Best Practices
- Fund/Sub-Fund Table (See also FSM Policy 2.01)
- GEC versus DI Guide
- Higher Education Function Codes
- Internal Billings and Services Billings - Best Practices
- Operational Advance
- UAccess Financials: Acct Line and Gen Ledger Tips
- UAccess Financials: Most Common Document Types
The most common publishing fees allowed for payment at the University of Arizona are available at: https://facultyaffairs.arizona.edu/content/provosts-author-support-fund.
In any instance, manuscripts that will be excluded from consideration are: "for profit" textbooks, commercial fiction and popularized science. Support for previously published work will not be considered. Please contact your fund accountant if you have a situation that does not meet the criteria prior to committing to payment.
This is dependent on a whether the tickets to the sporting or theatrical events were awarded as a form of employee recognition, in that case they are subject to taxation. This policy can be viewed here: FSM Policy 9.11 Employee Recognition.
If occasional or infrequent tickets are given to employees to non-sold out events and receipt is not tied to employee performance, the tickets are not subject to taxation.