What type of Training Requirements are there for the PCard Program?
- Liaison(s) are required to complete the PCard Exam (EDGE Learning) in order to be added into the role for a department
- Certification: Information Security Awareness training (EDGE Learning)
The Elevated Security Privilege Training is required annually for University employees with financial roles.
Why is my PCard declining?
- Chip/Pin Card not activated
- Attempting to use an old card
- MCC coding on PCard is restricted - See Enhancement requirement
- Merchant side declines - Merchant entered card details incorrectly
- Hold placed on PCard by JP Morgan Chase for verification of validity on attempted transaction
Contact the PCard team at 520-621-9097 or FNSV-Accounts-Payable@arizona.edu to research why card is declining and what steps to take.
What types of card enhancements are available on the PCard?
- PCard Plus: Code 954
- Business Meetings, Business Entertainment, Employee Farewell, Employee Recognition/Service Awards
- Travel Enhancement: Code 957
- Employee Travel and Non-Employee Travel
- Hotel Enhancement: Code 960
- Employee hotel only. Refer to Policy 6.3. Note: Travel enhancement is also required to add hotel enhancement.
Are there any helpful tips/suggestions/notations for hotel enhancement?
- Traveler must review and adhere to FSM Policy 14.00 Travel
- If a credit card authorization form is required, the cardholder will only include the last 4 digits and not the three-digit security code. The cardholder will contact the hotel via phone after faxing the credit card authorization form and provide additional information verbally. Traveler should verify with the hotel all information has been provided and that hotel has this on file for the reservation.
- University Employee must present a personal form of payment (i.e., personal credit card) at time of check-in at hotel for all incidentals.
- Object Codes to be used transaction(s):
6142 – Travel-In State Hotel
6242 – Travel-Out of State Hotel
6342 – Travel-Foreign Hotel
My PCard has the PCard Plus Enhancement on it, but it declined when I was booking a meeting room at a hotel or having a business meeting at restaurant. Why did this happen?
- Hotel is a separate enhancement. Security features on University cards inclusive of Merchant Category Codes will be blocked unless the PCard has the hotel enhancement turned on.
- Some hotel restaurants have a merchant category code as a hotel instead of a restaurant, which may be why the charge declined.
What Analytics report should I run in lieu of the PCard Statement?
How can I quickly look up my department's PCard(s) in UAccess Financials?
- In UAccess Financials: Click on the Accounting tab (make sure Reference and Administration box just below Search Bar are checked). Click "Procurement Cardholder Defaults"
- Alternative option: Type "Procurement" in Search Bar. Click "Procurement Cardholder De-faults" (not PCard, or Purchasing). Enter Default Org code. Search.
- In Analytics: You can look up this information in Financial > General - Purchasing Card > Cardholders Tab > enter your criteria (last four digits of the card, Organization Name, Reconciler Group Name, Cardholder Name) use the Cardholder Profile Report. Keep in mind there is a one-day delay of data from UAccess Financials.
Can an eDoc number be used as searchable criteria on PCard Reports?
Can the PCard be used at Costco?
Who should my department contact if they would like to purchase their own departmental Costco Membership?
What if a fraudulent transaction is discovered and you are unable to reach the PCard team after normal business hours?
- Contact JP Morgan Chase Customer Service at 800-270-7760, they will assist in cancellation/reissuance of PCard.
- Email FNSV-Accounts-Payable@arizona.edu and provide all of the details along with the actions taken by JP Morgan Chase.
- The PCard team will contact you with additional steps necessary depending on the type of PCard issued (Individual or Department PCard).
What is the difference between a disputable transaction and a fraudulent transaction?
A disputable transaction is due to an error by the merchant in billing between the merchant and cardholder. Some examples include charged card multiple billings, billing wrong amount, billing without receiving merchandise, billing on a canceled order.
Fraud is defined as unauthorized transaction(s) made with a lost, stolen, compromised or counterfeit card/card number.
Does the University have an Amazon Business Account?
- When completing the setup of your Individual PCard within the University Amazon Business Program through the email invitation, the First Name/Last Name fields must match the First Name/Last Name listed on your Individual PCard.
My PCard is expiring soon, do I need to contact the bank?
Does JP Morgan Chase require my Social Security Number when activating my PCard?
What should I do with my PCard if I am going to be out on FMLA or vacation?
- If you are an Individual PCard cardholder, contact your department Liaison and request they have your PCard placed on a temporary hold until you return to work.
- If you are the Responsible Cardholder of a Department PCard, ask your Liaison to complete a transfer form assigning someone new as the Responsible Cardholder. Another transfer form will be required to change responsible cardholder status back to you upon your return.
When is the billing cycle date and when will my limits refresh?
- If the 6th is on a Saturday, the billing cycle date changes to Monday the 8th.
- If the 6th is on a Sunday, the billing cycle date changes to Monday the 7th.
- The limit refresh date is on the day following the billing cycle date.
Can a student or part-time employee get a PCard?
What are the differences between an Individual PCard and a Department PCard?
- An Individual PCard is an Individual credit card in the employee’s name to be utilized to conduct University business efficiently and timely. These expenses must have a valid business purpose and paid with University funds.
- A Department PCard is a credit card that can be transferred/shared within the unit with proper documentation. The name on the card is the department name to initiate efficient and timely purchases. The expenses must be business-related and paid directly from University funds.
Can I let another employee use my Individual PCard?
Can a Department PCard be checked out to a non-University employee?
Can I use a Sponsored Projects Services account on a PCard Transaction?
- Note: Sponsored Project account numbers cannot be used as defaults.
- Note: Sponsored Project account numbers cannot be used on PCard Plus transactions.
What Object Codes are exempt from Use Tax?
Regarding unallowable tips exceeding 20% Is this pre-tax or post-tax?
Reference: Policy 9.10 Requisitions/Reimbursements